Wednesday, March 26, 2008


I was asked to act in a drama on Easter Sunday.


What role you may ask. I was given a choice to choose whether i wanted to act as an Angel or a Devil.


What do you think? People always think that i would never have the devil side of me. nyehehehe... i PROMISE i didn't choose. The director said "Kim, i think you should act as a devil" Woohoooo...... Time to change your perception on me, folks.


The rehearsals were hilarious. We, the Devils, have to crawl like a cat and walk like zombie(s), pushing each other. Other people thought that we were having crawling competition or some 'dog-fetching' game. My sister acted as an angel while my brother acted as Jesus. muahahaha..


So, on that very Sunday, we arrived at church early to put 'some' make-up.


Oh my!! Imagine this... My cheeks, forehead and chin looks like i've been playing with ashes.. Black-greyishh.. my eyes looks like i've not been sleeping for the past few weeks or i've been punched.. my eyes were black!! To add to the geez.. blood coming out of my eyes and lips.. my lips were covered with red blood. I looked so scary i don't dare to look at myself in the mirror.


The post-drama : My knees started to bleed because of the excessive crawling due to devil-acting. Skin peeling. It was so darn painful. I was going to cry when i was washing the wound with my brother but i have to put up an act (act tough) because kids were surrounding me and they were so concern. "Jie Jie Kimberly, what happened?? Pain or not?? Got blood??" For a moment, i felt like im the KID. nevertheless, they were really sweet.. i admit, i am starting to feel like having my own kid. sshh..


With my injured knees, i am having difficulty to walk. I almost forgotten that church was planning to distribute 1000 loaves of bread to the neighbourhood near our church area. I was about to quit... but.. I withdrew that thought in me and went ahead with the guys. Under the never-failed-to-shine-sun, i sweat a lot (good exercise) and walked to do charity. Even though my knees were screaming in pain, i told myself, go on!!! Survivor, wei... Champion ah!!!

picture stolen from jonathanso



It was really like amazing race - Canaan!! It was really fun. Something that i believe every Canaanites agree with me that all of us enjoyed distributing bread together to bless our neighbourhood!!



Some good laughs on bread distribution:




  • There were people who wished us Merry Xmas when we gave them free bread. (it's for Easter, so instead of making them feel awkward, we replied "Yes, Merry Xmas to you too!! Everyday is Xmas!!")

  • There were people who when we gave them free bread, they wanted more by asking "Got Kaya?" (kaya is a kinda jam for bread)

  • They were people who understood that there is no such thing as 'free lunch'. So they asked "Ini Roti ada jampi, ah?" (oh yesh, oh yesh.. like we have the time to do such things)

  • TheRE is also thick-face drivers, aunty on bicycle who asked if we can give them the free bread.

  • On average, every house has a dog. If the first house has a dog, the second house don't have a dog, then the third house will have 2 dogs. i'm sorry if i made it sound like some add-maths equation here.. Some dogs are even taller than the gate and with small mini warning sign on "beware of dogs". Imagine us standing far far away from the gate and yelling "hello, hello!! Free bread for you!!"

  • Due to the increasin crime rate in our country, people fear of getting free bread from us. We don't look like some witch giving bright red apples to snow white, okay.. We were even dressed decently. It is sunday service. Celebration service. We were dressed formally or smart casual.

With my injured knee, i can barely walk, shower and even sleep. It is so painful and i can barely accept that im such a 'taufoo" So soft.So lembik.


aaarrgghhh


The pain reminded me on Jesus. He was being beaten till blood flowed like ribena. It was so bloody painful and here am i complaining on two small wounds. My pain is nothing compared to what Jesus has done on the cross for me. The journey to the cross was so long and painful.


I urge you to watch Passion of the Christ if you feel that you are far away from God and is feeling dry. Nobody will have dry eyes after watching this. i promise.


-by His stripes, i'm healed-


ps: happy easter, my friends.


xoxo

No comments: